Lion Sight Forex Trading Limited
1. Collection of personal information
1.1 The types of personal information LST collects from you may include:
(a) contact details (i.e. name, address, email address, phone number, fax number);
(b) information to verify your identity (i.e. date of birth, drivers licence number, passport number, birth certificate number, Medicare number);
(c) information necessary to open an account with us (i.e. language preference, bank account details, credit card number, information about anyone acting as your agent, financial advisor or broker and the scope of their authority, information about directors if the customer is a company);
(d) information about whether you are a suitable person to trade (i.e. employment status, industry you work in, annual income, source of funds, whether you have traded before, whether you have attended any seminars about trading);
(e) statistical information regarding the use of our website including users’ IP address and the date and time of visits; and
(f) information required as part of the recruitment process when you apply for employment with us.
1.2 We collect personal information through various means including: when you make enquiries with us, sign up for market reports, when you use our website, when you sign up to use our platform or other services, employment applications, third party service providers and responses to surveys or research conducted by us.
1.3 If you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to fulfill the applicable purpose of collection, such as to permit you to trade using our platform or to assess your application for employment.
1.4 Where practicable, we will collect personal information directly from you. If we receive information about you from someone else, we will take reasonable steps to ensure you are aware that we have collected personal information about you and the circumstances of the collection.
2. Use and disclosure of personal information
2.1 Our main purposes for collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information are to: provide services to you including permitting you to take our services; to comply with our ‘know your customer’, due diligence and any other requirements under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth) (AML Act); respond to enquiries; assess employment applications; undertake 2 research and surveys; analyses statistical information and let you know about our other services and services of LST and its subsidiaries.
2.2 We generally explain before, at the time we collect personal information, or as soon as practicable thereafter the purpose for which we collect your personal information, who we will disclose it to and other matters required by law. We will only use or disclose personal information for a purpose other than for which it was collected or a related purpose if you have consented to such different use or disclosure or such use or disclosure is otherwise allowed by the Privacy Laws.
2.3 In carrying out our business, it may be necessary to share information about you with and between our related bodies corporate and organizations that provide services to us (e.g. our outsource providers). We may need to disclose information to financial institutions in order to make or amend your investment. We may also disclose information to a person that you have told us is acting as your agent, financial advisor or broker.
3. Disclosure of information outside the jurisdiction of collection We use overseas service providers and allow our other companies within the LST and its subsidiaries to access your information from overseas. However, we impose strict controls to ensure that we retain effective control over the information and only allow the overseas entities to use the information for the limited purpose of providing services to us.
4. Direct marketing We may, from time to time, send you marketing materials about our products or those of the LST and its subsidiaries. If you are receiving promotional information from us and do not wish to receive this information any longer, please contact us using our contact details below asking to be removed from our mailing lists, or use the unsubscribe facilities included in our marketing communications.
6. Telephone conversations We may monitor and record telephone conversations with you for training and security purposes. Such recordings may be used in evidence in any dispute arising in connection with any transactions under this agreement. In the event that our telephone conversations with you are recorded, those records are the property of LST and will not be provided to you even upon request.
8. Accessing and correcting the information we keep about you
8.1 If at any time you want to know exactly what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to request access to your record by contacting us. Our file of your information will usually be made available to you within 30 days unless we are permitted to refuse you access under law.
8.2 If at any time you wish to change personal information that we hold about you because it is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us and we will amend your record. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know in the same manner as referred to above and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
9. Contacting Us
9.1 If you have any concerns or complaints about how we handle your personal information, or if you have any questions about this policy, please contact us:
Contact person: Compliance Officer
9.2 We will investigate your complaint and will use reasonable endeavours to respond to you in writing within 60 days of receiving the complaint.
10. Future changes